Want to show off your costume or make a fashion statement on stage to a large audience? This is the place for you! This event will be hosted before the halftime portion of the Cosplay Masquerade. All costumes are welcome here, including store-bought, commissioned, and hand-made costumes or fashions.
If you are interested in participating in our Fashion Show and also enter your costume for craftsmanship judging, please see our Hall Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest.
- All participants must have an Anime USA member badge (this includes Associate, Dealer, Press, and other specialty badges). Staff are eligible to participate as well, but must get approval from their supervisors to attend the Masquerade before the beginning of the convention weekend.
- Registration will be available both online as well at-con at the Cosplay Department HQ. Those who register online will still need to check-in on either Friday or Saturday for their spot.
- Check-in at the Cosplay Headquarters during check-in times are mandatory. Those who fail to check-in will have their entry forfeited.
- There will be an online registration form as well as at con signups. Those who register online will still need to come to check-in on either Friday or Saturday at Cosplay Headquarters.
- Those who are entered already into the Cosplay Masquerade for a performance skit cannot register for the Catwalk & Fashion Show
- Those who are entered into the Hall Cosplay Craftsmanship contest cannot register for the Catwalk & Fashion Show. However, they are already eligible to walk on during the show through Hall Cosplay. Please see the Hall Cosplay Rules & Regulations for more details.
Rules and Regulations
- All costumes are permitted, including original costumes & fashion designs.
- Purchased, professionally made, or rented costumes are permitted.
- All clothing & costumes must abide by the rules of the convention. If a costume is deemed acceptable for the convention according to established policies, then it will not be allowed in the Cosplay Catwalk & Fashion Show. Please review the dress code, weapons policy, and other important rules.
- No electrical power connections will be provided. If your costume requires power it must be part of your costume design.
- Each contestant may present (wear) one and only one costume, or a group of people may wear one costume at the same time (i.e., a large costume that requires several people inside to move it).
- The Cosplay Department Coordinator and the Cosplay Department Co-Coordinator has the full authority to request a change to a costume for any reason. Refusal to make the requested change will disqualify the person or group from the competition.
- The Cosplay Department Coordinator and the Cosplay Department Co-Coordinator has the full authority to remove a contestant and their entry for any reason. Those who challenge this decision may face blacklisting from future Anime USA cosplay competitions.
- All decisions of the Cosplay Department Coordinator and the Cosplay Department Co-Coordinator are final.
Ready to Participate?
Once you’ve read all the rules and regulations above, click the button below to start your application.